Perform the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required to develop the solution architecture and to ensure that it is leveraged by IT partners. The Senior Solution Architect focuses on more complex projects and may have several projects assigned at a time. The Senior Solution Architect works with business partners and IT partners to identify business trends and strategies. This role then uses that information along with an understanding of change requirements, principles of business and IT strategies, engineering and service delivery to guide solution decisions for all stakeholders. The Senior Solution Architect leads management through complex, multi-faceted project issues. This team member will help Enterprise Architects influence decisions at all management levels to support enterprise strategies.
1. Define complex solution architectures that could be managed by a vendor or hosted internally and support EA management disciplines.
2. Participate and lead in developing road maps describing the evolution of enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state. This includes analysis across domains to recommend changes within the roadmaps.
3. Help Enterprise Architects define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the entire enterprise.
4. Ensure that all dependencies between solution architecture design and analysis work is documented in a structured fashion matching the EA framework and is stored in a common place.
5. Assist Enterprise Architects in leading meetings related to governance activities associated with ensuring solution architecture and, thus, EA compliance.
6. Consult with application or infrastructure development projects (and the Solution Architects that are working on them) to harmonize complex systems or infrastructure with the solution architecture, and identify when cross solution dependencies exist that create the need to modify the solution architecture.
7. Mentor Solution Architects on more advanced methodologies that are effective for more complex solutions with many dependencies.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
2. Six years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
a. Application Development
b. Network Design
d. Servers and storage
e. Database management
3. Demonstrated experience influencing senior leadership (including Directors and Vice Presidents) in advancing strategies across all of IT
4. Demonstrated experience leading and managing across complex project teams toward common solutions
5. Experience implementing IT architecture or strategic planning
6. Challenges status quo in order to achieve optimal results. Takes calculated risks. Seeks challenging projects and engages with enthusiasm.
7. Demonstrates and promotes creativity and innovation. Proactively seeks out alternative solutions to business problems.
8. Consults with clients and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution. Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions. Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
9. Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner, verbally and in writing. Ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers. Influences at all levels across the company within span of control.
10. Extensive experience working in a customer-focused environment. Demonstrated ability to assess root issues and provide excellent viable solutions for the business and to the customer.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
1. Experience using excellent planning and organizational skills to understand the impacts of decisions and influence key stakeholders while minimizing conflict
2. Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations to develop innovated solutions to complex issues
Work is performed within a normal office environment with ambient temperatures and involving occasional reaching, stretching, bending and moving about.